Monday, October 10, 2011

The Rules



I'm not in Washington, or on Wall Street, or the president of a company who could hire you. Though I desperately wish I did,
I do not possess the power to eradicate genocide, terrorism or bigotry. And I do not have the means to fix our debt crisis, fund your mortgage, or save all of our failing schools.

I can, however, help you escape. I can offer you a space where you are free to imagine. Where you are free to play and dream and embrace the positive energy we keep squashing with our fears and desperation.

The rules are simple.

1. I will offer one prompt every day. Sometimes, I'll post pictures or poems or excerpts; other times, I'll offer questions, statements and words.

2. Then, I'll dedicate 20 minutes to the assignment. That's it. No perfecting or polishing. Just raw thinking.

3. I challenge you to join me. See the world through a different lens and watch what it does to the rest of your day. Write in your journal, post on my blog, or simply tangle yourself in my ponderings. Agree, disagree or hop on the next tangent out of town. Just do something.



No comments:

Post a Comment